The Chairman, Joy Phillips, welcomed twenty nine members to the 2017 AGM, held on Wednesday 3rd May.
The Minutes of the 2016 AGM were accepted and agreed.
Minor revisions to the Rules had been proposed by the committee during the previous year. These were brought to the meeting’s attention and were agreed. A copy is available on application via the website.
The Chairman gave an illustrated report on the Association’s activities during the year. Further information can be found on this website for those marked *. The main activities were:
- Celebrations in Valence in June*;
- Garden party in Great Holland in July*;
- Valence market in September*;
- Meeting between Biberach and Tendring committees in November;
- CVST Christmas market*;
- Biberach Christmas market;
- Connaught Avenue Christmas shopping event;
- Burns’ Night Supper in January*.
Richard Polom took the meeting through the changes he had made to the website. When you have finished reading this article, why not explore the site?
Audited income and expenditure sheets for the periods 1 January – 31 December 2016, and 1 January – 31 March 2017 were circulated.
The Chairman outlined events planned for 2017. Further information can be found on this website for those marked *. The main activities are:
- 5-7 May: 40th Anniversary celebrations in Biberach with the market on Saturday;
- 22-27 June: English and Culture event*;
- 16 July: Annual Garden Party*;
- 23 September: Valence Market and Fete de la Gastronomie*;
- 3 November: Half-yearly members’ meeting*;
- 2-16 December: Biberach Christmas Market*;
Following the request from members at the 2016 AGM, the committee has been attempting to strengthen the association, and a report on its conclusions had been circulated in advance of the 2017 meeting. The key positives for the future are:
- The new van secures the ability to take stock to the twinning markets in Biberach and Valence;
- The Christmas market in Biberach was manned by TTA members for most days;
- The website has been improved;
- Several important policy documents have been written and are on the website;
- Events for members have been arranged (see above);
- The Chairman has been networking and making contacts with local organisations to increase membership.
Problems facing the association were also outlined, leading to a very positive debate with members about ways forward. The committee welcomes any suggestions from members about how the association could be strengthened.
Officers and committee members for the forthcoming year were elected. These can be found on the website.